Let’s celebrate the 70th anniversary of the Fulbright Program in Italy!
To mark the 70th anniversary of the Fulbright program in Europe, the Fulbright Commissions in Belgium, Greece, France, Italy and the UK,
have joined forces to create two Fulbright-Schuman awards that would address the migration issue from a comparative perspective:
one for US students, and one for US scholars.
For more details about the Fulbright Anniversary in Europe Award – Migration Studies for US students, please click here.
The Fulbright U.S. Student Program to Italy a.y. 2018-19 is designed to provide opportunities for personal development and international experience, through study and research programs at the post-graduate level in all disciplines. It serves graduating seniors, recent bachelor’s degree graduates, master’s and Ph.D. candidates, young professionals and artists.
Study and Research Opportunities in Italy
Italy has some of the oldest universities in Western Europe and offers excellent study and research opportunities in the areas of the arts, humanities, social sciences, sciences and technology.
Italian universities also offer a wide selection of courses taught in English at all degree levels. For more information on Italian academic institutions and research centers visit the Guide to Higher Education in Italy.
Grants available for academic year 2018-19
22 grants are available. Candidates’ profiles and grant information are detailed in the individual award descriptions (see Documentation):
– 1 Fulbright – Fondazione Falcone – NIAF scholarship in Criminology
– 1 Fulbright Award for a Master in Public Administration at SDA BOCCONI, Milan
– 11 Fulbright Open Study/Research Awards for academic study and research in any discipline
– 1 Fulbright Grant in Deafness for academic study, research and collaboration on new projects in Deafness-related fields
– 1 Fulbright-Casten Family Foundation Award, assigned to participate in the Master’s Program in Food Culture and Communications at the University of Gastronomic Sciences
– 7 Fulbright English Teaching Assistantships at Italian high schools
Number of awards to be assigned can vary depending on availability of funds provided by the contributions of the US and Italian Governments.
Scholarships are awarded through an annual merit-based competition administered in the US at the national level by the Institute of International Education – IIE , in collaboration with the Fulbright Commission in Italy.
Information on the Fulbright US Student Program, eligibility requirements, selection process, application, deadlines and competition timeline is available on the Fulbright US Student Program website.
– U.S. citizenship
– merit and academic or professional excellence
– a solid study or research project proposal
– proficiency in the Italian language
– commitment to mutual understanding and ability to serve as a cultural ambassador
– leadership potential
Academic Year 2018/2019
DEADLINE: October 06, 2017
Fulbright-Fondazione Falcone – NIAF Scholarship
Fulbright-SDA Bocconi Award
Fulbright ETA Grants
Fulbright Open Study/Research Awards All Disciplines
Fulbright Grant in Deafness Studies
Fulbright- Casten Family Foundation