Fulbright US Scholar Program to Italy - a.y. 2014-15
- application deadline
August 1, 2013
- #4249 Junior Research in all disciplines (PDF document, 120.1 kB)
- #4250 Research in all disciplines (PDF document, 120.2 kB)
- #4251 Teaching - Teaching/Research in all disciplines (PDF document, 120.9 kB)
- #4252 Lectureship in American Studies at the University of Venice Ca' Foscari (PDF document, 197.8 kB)
- #4253 Lectureship in American Studies at University Roma Tre and Sapienza University of Rome (PDF document, 63.4 kB)
- #4254 Lectureship in American Studies at the University of Naples L'Orientale (PDF document, 69.9 kB)
- #4255 Distinguished Chair in Environmental Sciences at the University of Naples Parthenope (PDF document, 76.2 kB)
- #4256 Distinguished Chair in Law at the University of Trento (PDF document, 70.7 kB)
- #4257 Distinguished Chair at the Politecnico di Torino in Statistical Physics and Interdisciplinary Applications (PDF document, 335.0 kB)
- #4258 Junior Teaching/Research in Engineering at the University of Trento (PDF document, 70.8 kB)
- #4259 Fulbright Lectureship in Health Biotech at the University of Udine (PDF document, 268.3 kB)
- #4260 Fulbright-Simone Cesaretti Foundation Award in Sustainable Development at the University of Naples Parthenope (PDF document, 76.0 kB)
- #4261 Junior Teaching/Research Award in Math and Sciences at the University of Trento (PDF document, 75.5 kB)
- #4533- Fulbright-Fondazione CON IL SUD Award for Teaching Research in All Disciplines (PDF document, 69.0 kB)
Fulbright US Scholar Program to Italy - a.y. 2014-15
The Fulbright Scholar Program offers US scholars in all academic ranks, the opportunity to lecture and conduct research at Italian universities and research centers.
Awards aim at fostering the advancement of knowledge in scientific fields of global significance and in priority areas as identified in the scientific cooperation agreement between Italy and United States. Disciplines include Environmental Sciences, Sustainable Development, Law, Statistical Physics and Applied Technologies, Health Biotechnology, advanced specializations in the fields of Math and Sciences, Engineering. Awards are hosted at partner universities Politecnico di Torino, University of Naples Parthenope, University of Trento and University of Udine
The Program also include awards in American Studies at the doctoral and research programs of the University of Naples L'Orientale, University of Venice Ca' Foscari, University of Rome La Sapienza and Roma Tre, aimed at contributing to American Studies in Italy.
The Program also offers open awards in all disciplines at Italian universities or institutions chosen by the candidates. Awards in all disciplines are assigned in all academic fields in the humanities, social sciences, sciences and the arts with a preference for projects in contemporary issues in Italy.
Potential Grant Activities include:
v Teaching at the graduate level
v Conduct research
v Participate in or lead seminars or workshops at the host university and other universities in the city of destination
v Consult on program and faculty development
v Take part in specialized academic programs and conferences in conjunction with other scheduled activities
v Develop academic curricula or educational materials
During the Fulbright grant, the scholar may be also invited to take part in academic meetings, conferences, seminars and other program-related activities organized by Italian or European universities, under the Fulbright Inter-Country Program (www.fulbright.it/it/fulbright-universitas/risorse-per-universita/programma-intercountry ).
Grants offered for academic year 2014-15:
17 awards are offered for the academic year 2014-15. Grant activity and candidates' profiles are presented in award descriptions.
Fulbright Distinguished Chairs
Open to eminent US scholars, Distinguished Chairs awards are the most prestigious grants in the Fulbright Scholar Program. Fulbright Chairs are hosted at:
University of Naples Parthenope - Distinguished Chair in Environmental Sciences and Sustainable Development (Award #4255)
Politecnico di Torino - Distinguished Chair in Statistical Physics and Interdisciplinary Applications (Award #4257) University of Trento - Distinguished Chair in Law (Award #4256)
Awards for Teaching and for Teaching and Research
Award in all disciplines Teaching or Teaching/Research at an Italian University chosen by the candidate (Award #4251)
University of Rome La Sapienza and University Roma Tre - American Studies (Award #4253)
University of Venice Ca' Foscari - American Studies (Award #4252)
University of Naples L'Orientale - American Studies (Award #4254)
University of Trento - Math and Sciences (Award #4261)
University of Trento – Engineering (Award #4258)
University of Naples Parthenope and Simone Cesaretti Foundation - Sustainable Development (Award #4260)
University of Udine - Health Biotechnologies (Award 4259)
Junior Research in all disciplines (Award #4249)
r Research in all disciplines (Award #4250)
Grant benefits include a maintenance allowance and a travel allowance to cover round-trip international travel. Maintenance allowance varies according to the award. The grantee will be covered by Health and Accident Insurance for the whole grant period, provided to participants in the Fulbright cultural exchange Program by the United States Department of State. The Fulbright Commission will assist the scholar in the visa application process.
Grant duration ranges from 3 to 6 months, according to the award.
How to apply
Fulbright Scholar Awards to Italy are assigned through an annual competition administered at the national level in the US by the Council for International Exchange of Scholars - CIES in Washington DC, in collaboration with the Fulbright Commission in Italy. Potential candidates can apply online through CIES (www.cies.org). Information on the Fulbright US Scholar Program, catalogue of awards, eligibility requirements, tips, guidelines and resources for applying, review criteria, selection and competition timeline is available on CIES website at www.cies.org/us_scholars.
Application period: the competition for US Scholars awards for academic year 2014-15 will open on February 1, 2013 and end on August 1, 2013.